1 Information on the processing of personal data
- We, Cano Clothing Company GmbH, Kölner Straße 336a, 40227 Düsseldorf, Germany (hereinafter referred to as "Cano" or "we") are always concerned about the protection and confidentiality of your data. We ensure that the collection and use of your personal data is carried out always within the framework of the statutory provisions of the applicable data protection law. With this data protection declaration, we want to inform you about the personal data we collect when you use our web shop www.thecanoshoe.com (hereinafter referred to as "web shop") and for what purpose the data is used.
- When you contact us by post, e-mail or via the website, we will store your e-mail address and, if provided by you, your name, your telephone number and other data you provide in order to answer your questions. We will delete the data collected in this context after storage is no longer required or - in the case of statutory storage obligations - restrict processing.
2 Your rights
- You have the following rights in relation to the personal data concerning you:
- Right to information,
- Right of correction or deletion,
- Right to restrict processing,
- Right to object to the processing,
- Right to data portability.
- You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data in our company.
- 3 Processing of personal data when using our webshop
- We collect the following information for the use of the website:
- First name, last name
- Date of the start and end of use
- scope of use
- Payment information
When you create an account with us and log in via your account with us, we also collect the following information:
- Customer number of your account
The processing of the above-mentioned data is carried out,
- to identify you as a CANO client
- to correspond with you
- to invoice you
- to process and execute payments and orders
- to settle any existing liability claims and the assertion of any claims against you.
The data processing is carried out for the purposes mentioned, for the implementation of pre-contractual measures and for the fulfilment of the contract with you (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b DS-GVO). In addition, our legitimate interests lie in achieving the stated purposes (the legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DS-GVO).
- You can use our web shop via our website browser-based directly on your PC, tablet or smartphone.
- When you visit or use the website, including all sub-pages, we collect the personal data described below in order to enable convenient use of the functions. If you wish to use our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to offer you the functions of our website and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DS-GVO):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (concrete page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transmitted in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
- In addition to the above-mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our web shop. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk, assigned to the browser you are using, and through which certain information flows to the party that sets the cookie (here: us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They are used to make the web shop as a whole more user-friendly and effective.
- This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and function of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (in addition b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
- Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This includes in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
- You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all the features of this website.
- We also use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your device. These objects store the required data regardless of the browser you use and have no automatic expiration date. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by setting your browser to private mode. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and browser history manually. In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored in the memory of your device and assigned to the website you are using. Cookies allow certain information to flow to the party that sets the cookie (here: us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your mobile device. They serve to make the website more user-friendly and effective.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, within the scope of this data protection declaration, the data stored with us will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for their intended purpose and no legal storage obligations stand in the way of deletion. If the data are not deleted because they are required for other and legally permissible purposes and it is necessary according to Art. 18 DS-GVO, their processing will be restricted.
4 Transfer of Data
In principle, your personal data will only be passed on without your express prior consent in the following cases:
5 Use of our Webshop
- If you want to order in our web shop, it is necessary for the conclusion of the contract that you enter your personal data, which we need to process your order. Mandatory information necessary for the processing of the contracts is marked separately, further information is voluntary. We process the data you provide to process your order. For this purpose we can pass on your payment data to our house bank. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. b DS-GVO.
- You can voluntarily create an account with us so that we can store your data for further purchases at a later date. If you create a new customer account with us under "My Account", your data will be stored revocably. You can delete the data in your account and the account at any time.
- We may also process the data you provide in order to inform you about other interesting products from our portfolio or to send you e-mails with technical information.
- We are obliged by commercial and tax law to store your address, payment and order data for a period of ten years.
6 Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
- If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke it at any time. Such revocation will affect the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have given it to us.
- Where we base the processing of your personal data on the balancing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is in particular not necessary for the fulfilment of a contract with you, which is described by us in the following description of the functions. In the event of such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adapt the data processing or show you our compelling reasons worthy of protection on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us about your objection to the processing of your personal data under the following contact details:
By mail: Cano Clothing Company GmbH, Kölner Straße 336a, 40227 Düsseldorf, Germany.
7 Use of links to social media websites
- Our website currently contains links to the following social media websites: Facebook, and Instagram. When you visit our site, no personal information is shared with the operators of the social media sites. You can recognize the link to the social media site by the mark on the box above its initial letter or logo. We provide you with the opportunity to use this link to go directly to our corresponding social media website. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, but especially before activating the link, as this will help you avoid being assigned to your profile on the social media website.
- Should you visit one of the linked social media websites, we have no influence on the data and data processing procedures collected, nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection, the purposes of the processing or the storage periods. We also do not have any information about the deletion of the collected data by the social media provider.
- Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the social media provider can be found in the following data protection declarations of these providers. There you will also receive further information on your rights and settings to protect your privacy.
- Addresses of the respective social media providers and URL with their data protection information:
- Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
8 Integration of YouTube-Videos
- We have integrated YouTube videos on our website, which are stored at http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all embedded in "extended privacy mode", which means that no data about you as a user is transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data mentioned in paragraph 2 be transferred. We have no influence on this data transfer.
- By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have called up the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the above-mentioned data is transmitted. This happens regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in at Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you don't want your profile to be associated with YouTube, you need to log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide need-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
- With your consent you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current, interesting offers.
- For the registration to our newsletter we use the so-called double-opt-in procedure. This means that after your registration, we will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address you provided, in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within seven days, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted. In addition, we store your IP address, the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify any possible misuse of your personal data.
- Your e-mail address is the only mandatory information for sending the newsletter. The provision of further, separately marked data is voluntary and is used to address you personally. After your confirmation we will save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. a DS-GVO.
- You can revoke your consent to receive the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can revoke your consent by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail.
10 Use of Mailchimp
- Newsletters are sent by means of "MailChimp", a platform for sending newsletters from the US provider Rocket Science Group, LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA.
- Your e-mail addresses as well as the other data you provide in connection with the sending of the newsletter are stored on the servers of MailChimp in the USA. MailChimp uses this information to send and evaluate the newsletter on our behalf. Furthermore MailChimp may use this information to optimize or improve its own services, for example to technically optimize the sending and presentation of newsletters or for economic purposes to determine from which countries the recipients come. However, MailChimp does not use the data of our newsletter recipients to contact them itself or pass them on to third parties.
- The newsletters contain a so-called "web beacon". This is a pixel-sized file that is retrieved from the MailChimp Server when the newsletter is opened. Within the scope of this retrieval, information about the browser and the system as well as the IP address and the place or time of the retrieval are collected. This information is used for technical improvement of the services.
- Statistical surveys also include determining whether the newsletter is opened, when it is opened and which links are clicked. For technical reasons, this information can be assigned to the individual recipients of the newsletter. The evaluations serve to identify the reading habits of our users and to adapt our content to them or to send different content according to the interests of our users.
11 Participation in our Blog
- In addition to our web shop, we also offer a blog on our website, in which we regularly publish various articles on topics related to our activities. You can leave a public comment under the respective posts. Your comment will be published with your given name. We recommend to use a pseudonym instead of your real name. It is necessary to enter your name and e-mail address, all other information is voluntary. If you post a comment, we will continue to store your IP address, which we will delete as soon as we delete the post or comment. The storage is necessary for us to be able to defend ourselves against liability claims in cases of possible publication of illegal content. We need your e-mail address to contact you in case a third party should complain about your comment being illegal.
- The legal basis is Art. 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. b and f DS-GVO. The comments will not be checked before publication. We reserve the right to delete comments if they are objected to by third parties as being illegal.
12 Use of Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, in the event that IP anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On our behalf, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide us with further services related to the use of the website and the internet.
- The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not combined with other Google data.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This allows IP addresses to be processed in a shortened form, thus excluding the possibility of personal references. If the data collected about you contains a personal reference, this is immediately excluded and the personal data is immediately deleted.
- We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. We can use the statistics obtained to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
- Third party information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and the data protection declaration: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
- This website also uses Google Analytics for a cross-device analysis of visitor flows, which is carried out using a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your usage in your customer account under "My Data", "Personal Data".
- We use the Cloudinary service to quickly play out versions of our images that are adapted to different usage situations. Cloudinary is a service provided by Cloudinary Inc, 111 W Evelyn Ave, Suite 206, Sunnyvale, CA 94086, USA.
- The legal basis for the use of Cloudinary is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DS-GVO. Cloudinary also processes your personal data in the USA and has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
14 Services from Shopify
- For our web shop we use the services of Shopify. The services of Shopify help us to adapt our webshop to your needs and to process orders more easily. To help us process your order, Shopify collects the following information from you when you place an order in our webshop: Name, email address, shipping and billing address, payment information, phone number, IP address, and order information.
- The service provider is Shopify International Ltd, c/o Intertrust Ireland, 2nd Floor 1-2 Victoria Buildings, Haddington Road, Dublin 4, D04 XN32, Ireland.
- The data you provide during the ordering process will be transferred to the USA and Canada for processing your data. To ensure that your data is protected during this transfer, Shopify has adopted the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Shopify is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
- Further information from the third party provider on data protection can be found at: https://www.shopify.de/legal/datenschutz
Date: April 2020