Artisanal and handmade shoes have a unique fit and size construction, therefore we recommend to follow our guide to find your CANO size.
They should feel like a "hug" to your feet.
Or something like wearing a second skin, (flexible enough that you can freely move your feet and toes but tight enough not to let them wiggle arround.
Besides that, natural leather reacts to the environment and usage conditions, therefore some days they will fit tighter than others. If you wear them for longer periods they will become a bit loose, but when they are left unworn for the Winter the leather will slightly and naturally shrink (this will be gone after you wear them again).
Brand new shoes are ready to get adapted to the shape of your feet and since every feet is unique, then the process is as well.
CANOs might feel a bit stiff at the beginning, but after a couple of wears they will become more flexible on the spots you need them to be.
Here are some tips to make the “breaking-in” period easier:
1. wear your CANOs with socks a couple of days at home and for short periods, this will gradually shape them to your feet blisters & pain FREE. (don’t bring them directly to a long dancing night).
2. wear a band aid on the spots where you feel preassure or friction with the skin, this will keep your feet blisters-free.
3. after 3-4 wears they should have “adapted” to your feet and you will realize how perfectly they fit and how comfortable they feel.
FIND YOUR SIZE
step by step
Benito, Elena, Emma, Isabel, Lola & Mara
They have a normal width fit
- sizes 36 - 38 | the length fits true to size
- sizes 38.5 - 42 | is recommended to order one size down
Benito, Hidalgo, Javier, Julio, Mara, Zapata
They have a narrow fit, we recommended to order one size up, specially for the sizes 43 - 46.